Thursday, June 28, 2007

Uncontrolled Vocabulary #1 - Poetry, Pure Poetry

The first episode of Uncontrolled Vocabulary is now available. Here's a direct link to the mp3 recording. You can also listen to the show via the TalkShoe player embedded in the sidebar on this blog.

The live event was really a lot of fun and I hope the recording conveys at least some of that energy. Perhaps you'll be encouraged to join us next week at the same time, Thursdays at 10 PM EDT.

The show's podcast feed will be http://recordings.talkshoe.com/rss38665.xml

On the call:

Greg Schwartz, Louisville Free Public Library
Laura Crossett, Park County (WY) Library System
Joy Weese Moll
Joshua M. Neff, Johnson County Public Library
Michael Sauers, Nebraska Library Commission
Chadwick Seagraves, Private Academic Library Network of Indiana

In this inaugural episode, we discussed the following links:

Drug-users force closure of library toilets


Debut of the Espresso Book Machine

$75 for a session or $199 for the series ... ???
PUSHING IT FORWARD: TAKING YOUR LIBRARY TO THE NEXT LEVEL!
Giving and Taking

Aaron the Librarian » ALA Member Shushed by ALA Council
The Improve ALA Wiki

Threats Force SC Library to Cancel Summer Program
Diversity destroyers ruin it for everyone

2 comments:

Connie Crosby said...

I have just finished listening to the first episode and really enjoyed it. I liked the format a lot, how you picked up some current news events (or things that *would be* news events for librarians if we had our own news channel). I wonder if there would be enough interest to do a similar show here in Canada? Anyway, I will keep that under my hat and keep listening.


It was great to hear the voices of all you great people whom I follow in text!

Great job, Greg!!

Cheers,
Connie

Anonymous said...

Hi Greg (and all Uncontrolled Vocabulary #1 participants)

I'm glad you touched on my experience with Council and especially the Improve ALA Wiki .

While the speaking to Council process and the timeline of the experience was a bit garbled, I appreciate the points about why there is parliamentary process.

In retrospect, as mentioned in the comments on my post , I probably *should have* asked Heidi to just read my comments on the discussion at hand into the mic for me.

Fun UV program and great discussion.